The Club is a competitive but also friendly and informal bowls club that has members from in and around the Sandhurst and Crowthorne areas.
Membership is open to any person, irrespective of age or playing ability, and although quite competitive we are both casual and friendly.
Our annual membership is £25 with a £2.50 playing fee per session.
Our bowling sessions are held in the Sandhurst Community Centre Monday evenings (7 p.m. – 9 p.m.) and Friday afternoons (2 p.m.- 4 p.m.). Bank Holidays are excluded.
Tea/coffee and biscuits (cakes on occasions) are available at a mid-time break.
Looking to start or improve?
- We can provide tuition and coaching if required to new members on Monday evenings. This is usually done using an additional mat which is not being used for matches, giving new members a relaxing environment to practice skills.
- We have spare sets of bowls that anyone can use; no need to provide your own. We only ask that you wear flat rubber sole shoes (or thick socks) to protect the mats.
- We arrange practice and skills development sessions on Monday evenings.
- Members, as small groups, visit the Wey Valley Indoor Bowls facility to develop skills and techniques. Other members will join these groups to act as mentors.
- We have social events such as fun competition evenings (non-bowls) which are attended by members and their partners.
- We also hold all day internal competition events usually played on a Saturday. These include a morning session, a picnic lunch and an afternoon session.
Leagues and Competitions
- We enter teams in the Surrey, Hampshire and Berkshire (SHAB) League and Woking League; both played during short mat bowls season, September to March. The SHAB league is played at club venues with home and away matches; the Woking League is played Wednesday evenings at the Wey Valley Short Mat Bowls facility.
- We try to get as many members as possible to take part in external competitions as this helps to develop skills and develops contacts within the bowling community.
- During the summer we attend competitions and leagues run by other clubs.
- Members also enter various National, Regional and Surrey County events.
Please contact us on email@example.com and will happily answer any questions.
English Short Mat Bowling Association
Surrey Short Mat Bowls Association